Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day #4: TRU 21-day detox/weight loss program

"There are only two kinds of people in the world: those who are alive, and those who are afraid."
~ Rachel Naomi Remen

And now I've made it through Tuesday, aka Day #4!  There are long stretches where I don't even think to myself, "I can do it" or "Don't eat that!" or "How many days are left?"

In fact, I was so busy today that I had to remind myself to eat, and having the right food on hand made such a difference.  Most of the time I wasn't thinking about food, and when I did think about food, a good choice was close at hand.  Preparation and staying occupied are good deterrents for temptation. 

(OK, so there was a moment when I was in dangerous proximity to a Chik-Fil-A and a banana pudding milkshake - but then I remembered, "Oh, right - I can't do that today" and went on filling my car with gas and revising my route home.)

Here is my current formula for success:
  • Get up in the morning and fix two protein shakes - a fruit shake for breakfast (which I drink at home) and a veggie shake for an afternoon snack (which I pack in a LARGE lunch bag) 
  • Pack a lunch and a dinner in that same large lunch bag
  • Pack a fruit snack (like berries) and a veggie snack (like carrots and artichoke dip)
It works!

Ruth

Ruth A. Cochran, MS, LAPC, NCC